Charity Golf Days – fundraising ideas
Charity golf days can be a great way to raise money for a cause. Here are some ideas to help you raise more money at your next charity golf event:
- Sponsorship: Reach out to local businesses and organisations to sponsor your event. You can offer them promotional opportunities in return, such as signage at the event, recognition on your website, or a mention in your promotional materials.
- Silent Auction: Host a silent auction during the event. Encourage local businesses to donate items for the auction. You can also ask participants to bring items to donate. Make sure to display the items in a prominent location and promote the auction throughout the day.
- Raffle: Raffles are another great way to raise money. You can sell raffle tickets in advance and at the event. Encourage participants to purchase tickets by offering attractive prizes, such as a short break package or a voucher to a local restaurant.
- Mulligans and Red Tees: Sell mulligans (extra shots) and red tees (closer to the hole) to golfers for an additional fee. This can be a fun way to raise extra money and add a little friendly competition to the event.
- Hole-in-One Contest: Set up a hole-in-one contest and offer a grand prize to the winner. You can charge a fee for participants to enter the contest, and this can be a great way to generate buzz and excitement around the event. The cost to insure against this should be way less than the money taken to enter the contest.
- Auction off tee times: Auction off tee times at popular golf courses in the area. Reach out to local courses to see if they are willing to donate a round of golf for a fourball.
- Sell merchandise: Create event-specific merchandise like t-shirts or hats, and sell them at the event. This is a great way to promote the event and generate additional revenue.
- Coloured Balls for double stableford points: Sell a chosen coloured ball (pink, red, yellow or whatever) that when used you can score double stableford points. Limit this to a certain amount of holes during the round.
If you are planning a charity golf day we hope the ideas above are of use & will enable you to raise even more money on the day.
Please feel free to get in contact if you would like help or advice with your charity golf day – email@example.com